SWCLT is a membership organisation, so we want as many local people to get involved and have their say as possible. It’s your community and your chance to make a difference.
Why get involved as a community member?
For a membership cost of only £1, you can have a significant influence over how your village could be improved. It’s your chance to decide what kind of development is needed and make informed
choices about the future. The more members we have, the more representative of the community we can be.
How you can make a difference
By joining SWCLT today, you’ll become part of an organisation committed to:
• Community ownership of land and property assets
• Respect for local needs and views of the whole community
• Care for the physical and natural environment
• Enhancing a sense of community spirit
• Nurturing skills, social links and economic opportunity
• Acting with transparency, accountability and integrity
• Encouraging local democracy, self-reliance and social responsibility
• Considering future generations.
Will it take up much time?
No, there are no obligations whatsoever. However, you’ll find us a warm, friendly group and, if you are interested, there will be plenty of chances to get more involved.
Do I need any experience?
No. Whether you have lived here for years or are new to the area, anyone aged over 18 can apply to join.
Am I eligible?
Application for community membership is open to:
• Anyone over 18 who lives in, works in or owns land in Stretham or Wilburton parishes
• Any organisation active in Stretham or Wilburton parishes (represented by a nominated individual) that supports SWCLT’s objectives and agrees to be bound by its rules.
What do I do now?
Simply download the membership application form here and send it with your £1 payment to our office at:
Mrs Rachel Watts, 45 Twenty Pence Road, Wilburton, Ely, CB6 3RN
Click on Membership Form below or
Alternatively, please contact us and we will send you a form to complete.
Can you help?
We can always welcome an extra pair of hands. Even if you don’t want to become a member, your skills as a volunteer could always be enormously helpful. To discuss, without any obligation, please contact the SWCLT Clerk by email on email@example.com or call 07762 040800.
If you have any queries, please contact our Clerk Rachel Watts below:
45 Twenty Pence Road
Tel: 07762 040800
Or use our contact form.